Monday, May 06, 2013

Sightings for Monday May 6

Hope: 7 am Northern lapwing at the marais de Hope (marsh)

7 am Vanneau huppé au marais de Hope -  Albini Couture
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning, I birded Westmounts Parc Summit and the Mount Royal Cemetery for several hours--it was incredibly quiet, literally and figuratively, as the only migrant species I saw or heard were White-throated Sparrow (Bruant à gorge blanche) (6) cemetery and Yellow-rumped Warbler  (Paruline à croupion jaune) (2) at the Summit.

BUT, it still was a great birding day as I had a roosting Long-eared Owl (Hibou moyen-duc) at Parc Summit. I do not get to see many of these, especially in good lighting so a very good personal sighting. The owl was perched high in a tree at the edge of the "middle" crossover trail near where a side trail exits. I did mark an "X" in the dirt trail where I had the sighting in case anyone tries for this bird today. I first saw it ~7:30 a.m. and it was there for at least 40 mins as I checked it on-and-off. I looked for other birders but did not see anyone else birding at that time. - Charlie Nims

---------------------------------------------------------------------
St-Étienne-de-Beauharnois: American white pelican is still present at the marais de St-Étienne-de-Beauharnois (marsh) second pond  MAP

Pélican d’Amérique est toujours présent dans le deuxième étang du marais de St-Étienne-de-Beauharnois.  CARTE - Régis Fortin, Denise Leduc, Réal Leduc

No comments:

 
Nature Blog Network