Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sightings for Wednesday October 16

Montréal: Once again , I was in the Mount Royal Cemetery on a breezy, gloomy morning. Not exactly the best conditions for bird photography. Even though conditions were far less than ideal , I persisted ….and in spite of low light, I was rewarded with some good shooting.

Around sectors L-1 and L-2 on the property…… I estimated about 15 to 20 Eastern bluebirds Merlebleu de l'Est to be present….and also many Dark-eyed juncos (Junco ardoisé), Ruby crowned Kinglets (Roitelets couronne à rubis) and Yellow rumped Warblers (Paruline à croupion jaune), to name but a few.

The main highlight for me……..after 40 years of visiting the property…..I spotted…..but could not photograph… ….a Wilson's Snipe (Bécassine de Wilson)…my first for this site! I flushed the bird…which sped away from me…calling continuously and landing out of sight. Half an hour search did not turn it up again.

There’s always a chance of getting something special in the cemetery……….. during spring …or fall…migration. - Chuck Kling

No comments:

 
Nature Blog Network