Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sightings for Tuesday August 21st

I went to the Mercier water treatment ponds after supper to find the Red-necked Phalarope (Phalarope à bec étroit) reported on Louise Simard's site. The Phalarope was still there. When I arrived there was a Merlin (Faucon émérillon) sitting on the fence just twenty feetaway. Of course, I did not bring my camera. Other birds seen -Bonaparte's gull (Mouette de Bonaparte), Green-winged teal (Sarcellesd'hiver), Wood ducks (Canard branchu), Ring-necked duck (Fuligule àcollier)
I stopped at the rapids in Mercier to see if there was any shorebirds. There were 18 killdeer (pluvier kildir), lesser yellowlegs (petit chevalier), and 1 least sandpiper (Bécasseauminuscule), but suddenly they all took off. As I headed back to my car, there was a Merlin (Faucon émérillon) sitting on the wire eating a large dragonfly. Another Kodak moment missed. - Tom

Laval, Parc des Prairies: Club d'ornithologie d'Ahuntsic de Montréal, 29 species (espèces) – Turkey vulture (Urubu à tête rouge), Red-eyedvireo (viréo aux yeux rouges), Chimney swift (Martinet Ramoneur), Baltimore oriole (Oriole de Baltimore), Magnolia warbler (Paruline à tête cendrée), Yellow warbler (Paruline jaune), Mourning warbler (Paruline triste) - Joël Coutu

No comments:

 
Nature Blog Network